Find out more online: go.wvu.edu/zip.
BS, ’15, Recreation, Parks and Tourism Resources, Master of Public Administration grad student, Columbus, Ohio
HER ZIPLINE PICKS
- The only known university-owned-and-operated canopy tour opened in 2013.
- Chestnut Ridge, located across from platform 4, is the last western major ridge line on the East Coast.
- The course is in the University Forest, which has 7,664 acres of land dedicated to research and outdoor recreation.
- The northern cove hardwood forest where the course is located is one of the most diverse in the world.
JAMISON A. LLOYD
BS, ’15, Recreation, Parks and Tourism Resources, Richmond, Va.
HIS ZIPLINE PICKS
- The University Forest is within Coopers Rock State Forest.
- West Virginia has more than 150 different types of plant and tree species.
- Adventure WV, which runs the canopy tour, is the University’s adventure education program.
- WVU has one of the most sustainable canopy tours, built by Bonsai Design.